To become the fittest version of yourself, diet is as important as exercise. You need to make the
right choices to get the best results. Here are five quick tips for good eating habits which will help you achieve better results, faster.
Start your day right.
When you jump out of bed, start your day with a glass of not-too-cold water and add a squeeze
of lemon juice.
This is effective for a few reasons:
- Lemon is a refreshing way to kick-start your morning
- You’re hydrating yourself first thing, instead of reaching for dehydrating coffee
- Lemon juice is recommended by some experts as a way to improve digestion
- You’re getting a morning dose of Vitamin C
- Water fills your stomach and makes you less likely to overeat at breakfast
- If you can, give yourself another half an hour before you eat a healthy breakfast. This will help you get out the door with a full stomach but with a lower calorie intake
Often, eating badly happens when you’re not prepared. We’ve all been there! It’s the end of the day, you’re starving and you know for a fact there is nothing in the fridge, so you head to the drive-through or to your favourite takeaway.
- “Am I really hungry?”
- “Food is fuel”
- “What’s the healthiest choice I can make?”
- “Whats the best choice for my future self”
It can help to tape this to your fridge as a reminder to do the right thing by your body.
Carry a snack
If you have friends who are vegan or celiac, you may notice they happily pull a snack out of their
bag when there is nothing appropriate for them to munch on.
There’s nothing to stop you from forming the same habit. Grabbing an apple, yogurt, naked bart before you head out the door can insure you against a snack attack which will have you heading for the treat section at the gas station. It will also give you an alternative if there is cake being passed around at work and you have decided not to have any.
With a little forward thinking and planning, you will be able to stay on top of your good eating
intentions and work towards your weight-loss or fitness goals.